Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis: Understanding the DSM-5 will be released on September 9/19!
This is the official book page for Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis: Understanding the DSM-5 by Ashley L. Peterson.
It will be available on:
- Apple Books
- Barnes & Noble
- Google Play
- Mental Health @ Home
About Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis:
Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis: Understanding the DSM-5 covers the DSM-5 criteria for a variety of mental illnesses, including what’s involved in making a diagnosis, the symptom criteria for each diagnosis, and an explanation of what the various symptoms actually look like. It will explain why a person’s diagnoses may change over time, and discuss some of the weaknesses in this kind of diagnostic system.
The book will also touch on why trying to self-diagnose is problematic, and why clinical expertise is required to determine what’s pathological and what’s not.
In order to give a clearer picture of what different psychiatric diagnoses are actually like to live with, the book includes first-hand accounts from people who have actually experienced each diagnosis.
With the fusion of diagnostic information, clinical experience, and lived experience, this book offers a unique, well-rounded perspective on the reality of mental illness.
- Autumn Skies from Autumn Skies Blog
- Alexis Rose from Untangled
- Alice Franklin from How to Have Tourette’s
- Beckie from Beckie’s Mental Mess
- Candace from Revenge of Eve
- Casey from This Bipolar Brat
- Caz from Invisibly Me
- Christina from Sea of Words
- Elle Rose from Secret Lady Spider
- Iggy from Color Me Bipolar
- Johnzelle from Panoramic Counseling
- Katie Dale from Bipolar Brave
- Katie from Confessions From a Sufferer of Anxiety and Depression
- Luftmentsch from Vision of the Night
- Meg from Why Does Bad Advice Happen to Good People?
- Noha Nova from Schizoaffective Disorder and My Life
- Paula from Light Motifs II
- Wonderfull Creature from Mental Illness Worrior