Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis: Understanding the DSM-5 is my second book and will be coming out this fall!
It will cover the DSM-5 diagnostic information for a variety of mental illnesses, including what’s involved in making a diagnosis, the criteria for each diagnosis, and an explanation of what the various symptoms actually look like. It will explain why a person’s diagnoses may change over time, and discuss some of the weaknesses in this kind of diagnostic system.
The book will also touch on why trying to self-diagnose is problematic, and why clinical expertise is required to determine what’s pathological and what’s not.
In order to give an even clearer picture of what different psychiatric diagnoses are actually like to live with, I’ll be including first-hand accounts from people who have actually experienced each diagnosis. Please visit my Mental health bloggers wanted! post if you’re interested in being a contributor.
- Autumn Skies from Autumn Skies Blog
- Alexis Rose from Untangled
- Beckie from Beckie’s Mental Mess
- Candace from Revenge of Eve
- Casey from This Bipolar Brat
- Caz from Invisibly Me
- Christina from Sea of Words
- Damian from Mindful Bipolar
- Elle Rose from Secret Lady Spider
- Iggy from Color Me Bipolar
- Johnzelle from Panoramic Counseling
- Katie from Confessions From a Sufferer of Anxiety and Depression
- Lauren from Lauren’s Place of Honesty
- Luftmentsch from Vision of the Night
- Meg from Why Does Bad Advice Happen to Good People
- Mike and the gang from Our Dissociative Identity Journey
- Paula from Light Motifs II