Mental health begins at home – Your home base, your centre, your place of strength and support.
My newest book, Managing the Depression Puzzle by Ashley L. Peterson, is available on Amazon and other online retailers, as well as the MH@H Store. It’s a holistic, everything up to and including the kitchen sink approach to dealing with depression.
Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple are the other titles from MH@H books, and they aim to cut through the stigma and misconceptions to provide accurate information about topics that affect people living with mental illness.
About the blog
This blog takes a no-holds-barred look at a variety of issues related to mental health. It draws on my dual perspectives as a mental health nurse (and former pharmacist) and person living with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder.
The goal is to raise awareness about mental illness, educate around a wide variety of mental health issues, and create a community where people can feel comfortable speaking openly about mental health without fear of judgment.
Mental Health @ Home is one of Feedspot’s Top 75 Mental Health Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020.
The COVID-19 coping toolkit has lots of ideas to help you manage and support your mental health during this difficult time.
At the core of Mental Health @ Home is mental health and illness. While I personally live with depression, the blog covers a much broader range of topics.
This sections calls out misinformation regarding public health and pseudoscientific health practices. It’s all written with the same pragmatic, cut-through-the-BS approach and a strong grounding in science.
- Some Surprising Mental Illness StatisticsWhile I know that people tend to be somewhat skeptical of statistics, I thought it… Continue reading Some Surprising Mental Illness Statistics
- The Should MonsterI’ve written before about Shoulding Ourselves to Death, but lately, I’ve been using the term “should… Continue reading The Should Monster
- Emerging Blogger Series: Kat (It’s On Random)The emerging blogger series is aimed at community building through giving mental health bloggers who… Continue reading Emerging Blogger Series: Kat (It’s On Random)
- Farewell, WordPress Editor…If you’re not already using WordPress’s block editor, you’ve probably already seem WordPress shouting in… Continue reading Farewell, WordPress Editor…
- Weekend wrap-upHere’s what happened in my life over the past week: Thanks to Nathan of My… Continue reading Weekend wrap-up
- What is… Cognitive RemediationIn this series, I dig a little deeper into the meaning of psychology-related terms. This… Continue reading What is… Cognitive Remediation
The MH@H Store
Check out what’s available in the Mental Health @ Home Store! It’s got my ebooks, several mini-ebooks, and lots of free downloadable mental health and blogging resources.
I’m a strong believer in speaking up against stigma. Together, we’re a force to be reckoned with. Let’s Stop Stigma!
I’m exciting to have you join me on this journey!