Mental health begins at home—your home base, your centre, your place of strength and support.
My newest book, Managing the Depression Puzzle by Ashley L. Peterson, takes a holistic, everything up to and including the kitchen sink approach to dealing with depression.
The other titles from MH@H Books, Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, aim to cut through the stigma and misconceptions to provide accurate information about topics that affect people living with mental illness.
About the blog
This blog takes a no-holds-barred look at a variety of issues related to mental health. It draws on my dual perspectives as a mental health nurse (and former pharmacist) and person living with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder.
The goal is to raise awareness about mental illness, educate around a wide variety of mental health issues, and create a community where people can feel comfortable speaking openly about mental health without fear of judgment.
Mental Health @ Home is one of Feedspot’s Top 75 Mental Health Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020. It’s also on Blunt Therapy’s Best Mental Health Blogs list and the Psychreg Index of mental health blogs.
At the core of Mental Health @ Home is mental health and illness. While I personally live with depression, the blog covers a much broader range of topics.
- There’s a Name For That — It’s StigmaI’m pretty active on Pinterest, and sometimes I’ll create new pins related to older blog… Continue reading There’s a Name For That — It’s Stigma
- Emerging Blogger Series: Meagon (Prose for the Masses)The emerging blogger series is aimed at community building through giving mental health bloggers who… Continue reading Emerging Blogger Series: Meagon (Prose for the Masses)
- What Are Your Blogging Insecurities?I suspect we’ve all got them—those nagging little blogging insecurities that chatter at you from… Continue reading What Are Your Blogging Insecurities?
- Weekend Wrap-UpHere’s what happened in my life over the past week: I went over to my… Continue reading Weekend Wrap-Up
- What Is… Emotional AbuseIn this series, I dig a little deeper into the meaning of psychology-related terms. This… Continue reading What Is… Emotional Abuse
- A Writing Update on Book #4After I let my most recent book (Managing the Depression Puzzle) out into the world… Continue reading A Writing Update on Book #4
The MH@H Store
Check out what’s available in the Mental Health @ Home Store! It’s got my ebooks, several mini-ebooks, and lots of free downloadable mental health and blogging resources.
I’m a strong believer in speaking up to stop stigma. Together, we’re a force to be reckoned with. I’m excited to have you join me on this journey!