Mental health begins at home—your home base, your centre, your place of strength and support.
My newest book, Managing the Depression Puzzle by Ashley L. Peterson, takes a holistic, everything up to and including the kitchen sink approach to dealing with depression.
The other titles from MH@H Books, Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, aim to cut through the stigma and misconceptions to provide accurate information about topics that affect people living with mental illness.
About the blog
This blog takes a no-holds-barred look at a variety of issues related to mental health. It draws on my dual perspectives as a mental health nurse (and former pharmacist) and person living with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder.
The goal is to raise awareness about mental illness, educate around a wide variety of mental health issues, and create a community where people can feel comfortable speaking openly about mental health without fear of judgment.
Mental Health @ Home is one of Feedspot’s Top 75 Mental Health Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020. It’s also on Blunt Therapy’s Best Mental Health Blogs list and the Psychreg Index of mental health blogs.
At the core of Mental Health @ Home is mental health and illness. While I personally live with depression, the blog covers a much broader range of topics.
- What Is… the Illusory Truth EffectIn this series, I dig a little deeper into the meaning of psychology-related terms. This… Continue reading What Is… the Illusory Truth Effect
- How My Sleep Hygiene Has EvolvedBack in 2018 I did a post on my not-so-hygienic sleep hygiene, looking at the… Continue reading How My Sleep Hygiene Has Evolved
- Book Review: The ACT Workbook for Depression & ShameThe ACT Workbook for Depression & Shame is written by psychologists Matthew W. McKay, Michael… Continue reading Book Review: The ACT Workbook for Depression & Shame
- Is “Committed Suicide” Worth Making an Issue Out Of?I saw a post recently by Nathan of My Brain’s Not Broken about stigmatizing language… Continue reading Is “Committed Suicide” Worth Making an Issue Out Of?
- Wounded Healer Interview: Meagon NolascoThe wounded healer interview series features people who’ve dealt with significant mental health challenges, and… Continue reading Wounded Healer Interview: Meagon Nolasco
- Depression and My Cooling Relationship with Social MediaI’ve never been a big social media person. Before I started blogging, I briefly had… Continue reading Depression and My Cooling Relationship with Social Media
The MH@H Store
Check out what’s available in the Mental Health @ Home Store! It’s got my ebooks, several mini-ebooks, and lots of free downloadable mental health and blogging resources.
I’m a strong believer in speaking up to stop stigma. Together, we’re a force to be reckoned with. I’m excited to have you join me on this journey!