My newest book, Managing the Depression Puzzle by Ashley L. Peterson, takes a holistic, everything up to and including the kitchen sink approach to dealing with depression.
The other titles from MH@H Books, Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis and Psych Meds Made Simple, aim to cut through the stigma and misconceptions to provide accurate information about topics that affect people living with mental illness.
About the blog
This blog takes a no-holds-barred look at a variety of issues related to mental health. It draws on my dual perspectives as a mental health nurse (and former pharmacist) and person living with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder.
The goal is to raise awareness about mental illness, educate around a wide variety of mental health issues, and create a community where people can feel comfortable speaking openly about mental health without fear of judgment.
Mental Health @ Home is one of Feedspot’s Top 75 Mental Health Blogs, Websites & Influencers in 2020. It’s also on Blunt Therapy’s Best Mental Health Blogs list and the Psychreg Index of mental health blogs.
At the core of Mental Health @ Home is mental health and illness. While I personally live with depression, the blog covers a much broader range of topics.
This coping toolkit has a collection of tools and resources to support mental health.
Fighting mental illness stigma is a core mission of MH@H.
There are weekly mental health book reviews, often featuring books by fellow bloggers.
Social justice is a passion that goes hand in hand with fighting stigma. There’s no justice without justice for all.
I have a strong background in science, and like to call out pseudoscience when I see it.
- Is Psychic Surgery a Real Thing?There are plenty of odd pseudoscientific health practices out there, but psychic surgery kicks it… Continue reading Is Psychic Surgery a Real Thing?
- Bad Bot Visitors to Your BlogWhile we’re mostly interested in the human visitors to our blogs, it can be fascinating… Continue reading Bad Bot Visitors to Your Blog
- Weekend Wrap-UpHere’s what happened in my life over the past week: I’ve been wanting to get… Continue reading Weekend Wrap-Up
- What Is… the Illusory Truth EffectIn this series, I dig a little deeper into the meaning of psychology-related terms. This… Continue reading What Is… the Illusory Truth Effect
- How My Sleep Hygiene Has EvolvedBack in 2018 I did a post on my not-so-hygienic sleep hygiene, looking at the… Continue reading How My Sleep Hygiene Has Evolved
- Book Review: The ACT Workbook for Depression & ShameThe ACT Workbook for Depression & Shame is written by psychologists Matthew W. McKay, Michael… Continue reading Book Review: The ACT Workbook for Depression & Shame
The MH@H Store
Check out what’s available in the MH@H Store! It’s got my ebooks, several mini-ebooks, and lots of free downloadable resources.