This page includes selected publications by Ashley L. Peterson. You can also view my Contently portfolio here.
Books & Book Chapters
- Published by Mental Health @ Home Books:
- Book chapter in The Silent Scream: An Anthology of Despair, Hope, and Struggle by Maria Alfieri
You can also find me on Google Scholar.
- Peterson, A.L. (2017). Experiencing stigma as a nurse with mental illness. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 24(5), 314-321.
- Peterson, A.L. (2016). Finding identity and meaning as a nurse with a mental illness. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 30(5), 558-562.
- Peterson, A.L. (2015). A case for the use of autoethnography in nursing research. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 7(1), 226-233.
- Peterson, A.L. (2015). Being a mental health nurse with a mental illness: An autoethnography (Master’s thesis).
- Peterson, A.L. (2013). Integrating mental health and addictions services to improve client outcomes. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 34(10), 752-756.
- Peterson, A.L. (2013). Getting published for the first time: Tips for new graduate students. Nurse Author & Editor, 23(2).
- Bella Grace (June 2019). Turning outward
- Canadian Nurse (2014, Feb). It can happen to anyone: Reaching out.
- I Am 1 in 4 (2018). Mental illness and the dreaded job interview
- Libero Magazine (2019)
- Mental Health Matters (2018)Evidence-based supplements for depression
- NAMI (2020). Why Stereotypes About Psychosis Are Harmful
- New Life Outlook (2018). My story
- Psychreg (2019). Blogging as a therapeutic tool for mental health
- Respect Yourself (2017). Using your voice for mental health
- Stigma Fighters. (2017). Personal story
- The Mighty:
- Uncomfortable Revolution (2019). A Venetian romantic getaway for me and my depression
- Unsinkable (2020). Mental Health Professionals Aren’t Immune to Mental Illness
- Visions: BC’s Mental Health and Addictions Journal (2014). On both sides of the desk: Working as a mental health nurse with a mental illness.
Guest Blog Posts & Interviews
- Facing the Challenges of Mental Health: Interview
- Happiness Between Tails:
- Panoramic Counseling: My therapy journal
- Renard’s World:
- Undercover Superhero: Interviewed for The reality of major depressive disorder
Other Writing Platforms
- Medium: stories in various Medium publications, including Invisible Illness, The Startup, The Haven, The Writing Cooperative, P.S. I Love You, Candour, and Feel.Heal.Share