50 thoughts on “Creating a trauma account

1. KD says:

It is so great that you are doing this! I am actually sort of having my classes do something similar. We read a blog about redemption narratives and now they’re getting a chance to write their own memoirs in a sort of redemption narrative format (though we have talked about a window of tolerance and how sometimes things need to stay unsaid because we aren’t ready). I really hope that they and most definitely you find healing through this sort of processing.

2. Karen says:

I liked this so much I’ve reblogged it!
    I have had EMDR for PTSD but there’s a lot of trauma that is left unprocessed, I’m going to read more into what you’ve written about, and maybe get started on a trauma account myself!
    Thanks for writing about this x

3. me says:

Oh, well done You! And this does sound interesting … might do abit of research myself. Looking for a new shrink atm so may add this to the list of things they need to know … thankyou 🙂

4. thebarefootsub says:

I had never heard of a trauma account. But I have found that writing and creating a narrative around my negative experiences helped which is a direct result of those events.
    A trauma account without even realising it.

5. Alys says:

This is a wonderful thing to do, I try to do bits of this myself sometimes. Glad to hear others out there experimenting with it too! It’s really brave of you to do this and share your experience, so thank you xx

6. sarahshealthmatters says:

Thank you so much for sharing this.
    Teasing out and overcoming the power that trauma has in my life is one of the reasons I began my blog yesterday (complete newbie). It has taken me two years of feeling completely devoid of my self to realise that I really need to help myself by reliving the events that have accumulated to where I am now and therefore taking the power away from them… It’s early days, but I am hopeful

7. suninthespring says:

I totally understand wanting to avoid it. I really like the way you’ve set it up, though, with the safe, cozy space and then knowing that you’re going to yoga afterwards. Also being observant of yourself while you are writing. If I ever do something like this, I will try to remember this and follow a similar approach.