An A-to-Z gratitude challenge is currently making the rounds in the blogosphere. The goal is to identify something to feel grateful for starting with each letter of the alphabet (X and Z just have to contain, not necessarily start with, those letters). I thought I would join in.
- A-romatherapy: very pleasant and relaxing
- B-edtime: my favourite time of the day
- C-ondo: I’ve lived in my home for 13 years and it feels very safe, plus it’s paid off
- D-awn: I always wake up early and get to see the pretty colours of the sky
- E-very country I’ve had the opportunity to travel to
- G-uinea pigs: cute, cuddly, and entirely non-judgmental
- H-elping others: I’m glad when I can make a positive difference for someone else
- I-nsurance: makes my meds a lot more affordable.
- J-ournalling: my bullet journal has been really helpful for monitoring my mental and physical health
- K-indness of others
- L-ush soap: a nice little indulgence every morning
- N-ature: flowers trees, birds, and the rest of the natural world
- O-pen-mindedness: if only there were more of it in the world
- P-illow: I got a new pillow recently and it’s absolutely perfect
- Q-uestioning: I’m grateful to have a curious mind that always wants to know more
- R-eading: doing book reviews has helped me to get more out of reading
- S-ocks: I have cold feet, so a cozy pair of socks is nice
- T-ea: I love to sit and enjoy my tea when I first get up in the morning
- U-nhealthy but yummy treats like Ben & Jerry’s
- V-ancouver: the wonderful city where I live
- W-ordpress: the blogging community is very important to me
- X-enophilia: the opposite of xenophobia, and something we could use a lot more of in this world
- Y-oga: restorative yoga is a good chance to find relaxation
- Z-ippy: one of my guinea pigs that passed away earlier this year.
Are you up for the challenge?
The COVID-19/Mental Health Coping Toolkit page has a wide range of resources to support better mental health and wellbeing.