Contributor to the upcoming book The Silent Scream, a project by Maria Alfieri.
Best Life Collaborative. Founding member and regular contributor.
Canadian Nurse (2014). It can happen to anyone: Reaching out.
I am 1 in 4 (2018). Mental illness and the dreaded job interview.
Love Kayleigh Rose (2018). Breaking barriers as a mental health nurse.
Medium. Various. Author page. Top writer, mental health.
- Invisible Illness
- Master of my domain? A look at depression and masturbation (2018)
- How do you respond to stigmatized language? (2018)
- Funding mental health care: why community-based care matters (2018)
- How can we fight stigma most effectively? (2019)
- Why do we think vitamins can cure mental illness? (2019)
- Is there something wrong with “behavioral health”? (2019)
- Dead if you do, dead if you don’t? Weighing the risks & benefits of medications (2019)
- Will suicide ever be 100% preventable? (2019)
- Adventures in stigma in the ER (2019)
- Managing working (or not) with disability (2019)
- How picky should we be about suicide-related language? (2019)
- The Writing Cooperative. Author page.
Mental Health Matters (2018). Evidence-based supplements for depression.
Midsummer Daydreamer (2018). Stories of Mental Illness – Ashley’s Story.
Not Your Average Chick (2018). How writing can benefit your mental health.
Project Semicolon (2018). My name is Ashley, and this is my story.
Respect Yourself (2017). Using your voice for mental health.
Stigma Fighters (2017). Personal story.
Time to Change (2018). Ron saw through my mental illness to the real me.
Uncomfortable Revolution™ (2019 ). A Venetian romantic getaway for me and my depression. Author page.
Visions: BC’s Mental Health and Addictions Journal (2014). On both sides of the desk: Working as a mental health nurse with a mental illness.
- Filthy (2019). Intimacy and mental illness
- Humans (2018). Various. Author page.
- Journal (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
- Lifehack (2019). Author page.
- Longevity (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
- Motivation (2019). Does the law of attraction actually exist?
- Petlife (2018-2019). Author page.
- Proof (2019). Drinking & depressing.
- Psyche (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
- Wander (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
Academic Journal Publications
Archives of Psychiatric Nursing (2016). Finding identity and meaning as a nurse with a mental illness.
Issues in Mental Health Nursing. (2013). Integrating mental health and addictions services to improve client outcomes.
Journal of Advanced Nursing(2015). A case for the use of autoethnography in nursing research.
Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (2017). Experiencing stigma as a nurse with mental illness.
Nurse Author & Editor (2013). Getting published for the first time: Tips for new graduate students.