This how-to guide for travelling with mental illness is a mini e-book that includes general travel tips as well as strategies specifically related to mental illness. International travel tips are included, but much of the material is also applicable for travel closer to home. The guide covers topics like:
- managing money, including foreign currency
- packing (both checked luggage and carry-on)
- going through security and dealing with things like TSA rules and restrictions
- managing mental and physical health, including traveller’s diarrhea and malaria prevention
- travel health insurance
- travelling with medications, and where to pack them
If you’re contemplating travel but unsure if it will be manageable in terms of your illness, this guide is for you. (And just a hint – you’ve totally got this!)
This resource is available as a downloadable PDF.
Length: 27 pages
You can read more about travelling with mental illness in the travel section of my blog index.