Sleep is a challenge for a lot of people, and there can be many different reasons for that. While it may not be possible to isolate one primary contributing factor, if there are things getting in the way of a good night’s rest and you’re not addressing them, bandaid solutions probably aren’t going to be all that helpful. Needing to deal with an underlying mental illness is a prime example.
This mini-ebook covers a range of different sleep-promoting strategies, both medical and non-medical. Many of the strategies that will be covered here aren’t necessarily going to be all that effective in isolation. Instead, the idea is to broaden your arsenal to help you power up for a full court press against insomnia.
This mini-ebook covers:
- Sleep 101: including the phases of sleep and circadian rhythm
- Sleep hygiene
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for insomnia
- Mindfulness for insomnia (based Mindfulness for Insomnia from New Harbinger Publications)
- Medications and supplements, including prescription and over-the-counter meds, CBD oil, and more
- Other non-medical strategies
Length: 41 pages
This file is available as a downloadable PDF.
You may also be interested in these related posts on Mental Health @ Home:
- CBT for insomnia
- Book Review: Mindfulness for Insomnia
- Doing the circadian rhythm dance
- Psych Meds 101: Sleep Meds