This PTSD Evidence-based Treatment Options mini-ebook is written for people who want to know what evidence-based treatments are available for post-traumatic stress disorder. It covers techniques like:
- cognitive processing therapy (a type of trauma-focused cognitive behavioural therapy)
- prolonged exposure (also a form of CBT therapy)
- narrative exposure therapy
- eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- stress inoculation training
- brief eclectic therapy
There’s also a review of several evidence-based treatment guidelines and an overview of some of the medications that can play a supporting role in treating PTSD. This resource is not intended to suggest or recommend any particular form of treatment; rather, the goal is to give an overview of options to support making an informed decision.
The PTSD Treatment Options Overview mini-ebook is also available as part of the Therapy Mini-Ebook Collection.
This mini-ebook is available as a downloadable PDF.
Length: 37 pages
Visit the mental health book reviews page to find books on trauma including memoris by bloggers chronicling their journeys in search of healing from severe, prolonged trauma.