The free Embrace Acceptance guided journal draws on concepts from acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) to help you identify your values and priorities, and consider how you may be inadvertently getting in your own way and holding yourself back.
The journal covers things like:
- unworkable actions
- the stories that we tell ourselves
- developing a job description to fit your inner critic
- identifying differences in how you would likely treat a close friend versus yourself in the same situation
- examining whether or not difficult thoughts and feelings can harm us
- changing the relationship that you have with your thoughts
Acceptance and commitment therapy offers a new way of looking at things that may be different from what you’re already familiar with, and this Embrace Acceptance journal offers a handy introduction. For people who don’t find cognitive behavioural therapy, ACT takes a different stance that might work better.