Have you been wanting to write a book but didn’t know where to start, or wondered if you could actually do it? Well, I’m here to tell you that you can do it. This beginner’s guide to self-publishing is a mini-ebook jam-packed with the research and experience that’s gone along with having self-published my own three books (for info on those, visit the MH@H Books page). It covers the various publishing options and platforms, preparing your manuscript, tracking your sales, and promoting and advertising your book. It’s everything you need to know to release your book out into the world.
Book chapters include:
- Traditional vs hybrid vs self-publishing
- Editing tools
- Preparing and formatting the manuscript
- Cover design
- Preparing to self-publish
- Publishing your book on Amazon KDP, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, Kobo, and Apple Books
- Selling your book and tracking sales
- Marketing, including book/author sites where you can list your book
- Advertising on Amazon and other sites
Advertising on Amazon has been a major driver of sales for my three books. I’ve had a small trickle of sales on non-Amazon platforms, but ad-driven purchases on Amazon have made up a significant majority of my overall sales. In this guide, I share what I’ve learned from running ad campaigns for my books.
This guide to self-publishing resource is available as a downloadable PDF.
Length is 55 pages