Have you been wanting to write a book but didn’t know where to start, or wondered if you could actually do it? Well, I’m here to tell you that you can do it. This mini e-book is jam-packed with the research and experience that’s come with the two books that I’ve self-published. It’s everything you need to know to start your own self-publishing journey.
Have you been wanting to write a book but didn’t know where to start, or wondered if you could actually do it? Well, I’m here to tell you that you can do it. This beginner’s guide to self-publishing is a mini-ebook jam-packed with the research and experience that’s gone along with having self-published my own two books, Psych Meds Made Simple and Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis. It covers the various publishing options and platforms, preparing your manuscript, tracking your sales, and promoting and advertising your book. It’s everything you need to know to release your book out into the world.
Book chapters include:
- Traditional vs hybrid vs self-publishing
- Editing tools
- Preparing and formatting the manuscript
- Cover design
- Preparing to self-publish
- Publishing your book on Amazon KDP, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, Kobo, and Apple Books
- Selling your book and tracking sales
- Marketing, including book/author sites where you can list your book
- Advertising on Amazon and other sites
This guide to self-publishing resource is available as a downloadable PDF.
Length is 52 pages
Need some encouragement that you can do this? Check out the post Being (and Becoming) a Blogger-Author.
You may also want to check out the writing section of the MH@H blog index for more writing/publishing tips.