This is a quick index to my posts that appear as part of a recurring theme or series. In the menus above you’ll find the directories for the emerging blogger series and the what is… series, as well as the stop stigma page.
- A Prescription For Murder?
- Alien Boy: Alienation and brutality
- God Knows Where I Am: Death by mental illness
- Out of Mind, Out of Sight
- Take Your Pills: Why is Netflix jumping aboard the stigma train?
- Psych meds 101s:
- Dead if you do, dead if you don’t? Weighing the risks & benefits of medications
- Do antidepressants work? What a new meta-analysis says
- Do I look fat in this Seroquel?
- Evidence- based treatment of anxiety
- Evidence-based treatment of bipolar disorder: the CANMAT/ISBD guidelines
- I dream of ketamine
- Meds that can make you crazy (literally)
- My experiences of going off meds
- Our complicated relationships with medications
- Pill popper RN
- Treatment resistant depression: When what’s supposed to work doesn’t
- What the STAR*D study means for depression treatment
- Where did our meds go?
Science, not pseudoscience
- Can the flu vaccine give you the flu?
- Government-funded quackery
- Is “natural” better when it comes to health?
- Is the law of attraction real?
- Understanding the implications of research design
- Vaccines and autism: The link that doesn’t exist
- Why do people think vitamins can cure mental illness?
- Why research literacy matters in mental health
- Crisis resources for suicide prevention
- How do we prevent suicide?
- How picky should we be about suicide-related language?
- Privacy and completed suicide
- Some thoughts on suicide
- Suicide and barriers to help-seeking
- TED Talks on depression and suicide
- The way the media talks about suicide matters
- What goes too far on social media?
- Will suicide ever be 100% preventable?
Therapy (CBT, DBT, etc.)
- CBT Cognitive distortions
- CBT for insomnia
- Drilling down to core beliefs
- Finding wise mind
- Mental health worksheets galore
- Online mental health workbooks
- Psychotherapy alphabet soup
- Setting sail with the ACT life compass
- Creating a trauma account
- How trauma-informed practice can improve mental health care
- TED Talks on trauma
- The neurobiology of traumatic fight/flight/freeze
- What we can learn about trauma from the ACEs study
- Why is complex PTSD not in the DSM-5?
- Adapting ambition to circumstances
- Disclosing mental illness at work: The good, the bad, and the ugly
- Learning to name workplace bullying
- Making sense of workplace bullying
- Managing working (or not) with disability
- The other #metoo: Experiencing workplace bullying
- Choosing the right tone to write about chronic illness
- How and why I write
- How to build a mental health blog
- Spread your writing wings
- The blogger’s guide to the basics of self-publishing
- Ways to share your story
- Why I like reviewing books