This writing portfolio includes the books I’ve authored, other platforms I write on, and academic journal publications. You can also check out my portfolio on Contently.
I blog under the name ashleyleia, but otherwise write primarily under my full name, Ashley L. Peterson.
Author and editor of Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis, to be released fall 2019.
Bella Grace (June 2019). Turning outward.
Canadian Nurse (2014). It can happen to anyone: Reaching out.
I am 1 in 4 (2018). Mental illness and the dreaded job interview.
Hubpages. Various. Author page.
- Free from silence (2019)
Medium. Various. Author page.
- 1 Minute Reads
- A Few Words
- Feel, Heal, Share
- Invisible Illness
- Adventures in stigma in the ER (2019)
- Applying harm reduction to self-harm (2019)
- Cognitive deconstruction and the lead up to suicide (2019)
- Dead if you do, dead if you don’t? Weighing the risks & benefits of medications (2019)
- Funding mental health care: why community-based care matters (2018)
- Getting help when it matters most (2019)
- How can we fight stigma most effectively? (2019)
- How do you respond to stigmatized language? (2018)
- How picky should we be about suicide-related language? (2019)
- Is there something wrong with “behavioral health”? (2019)
- Managing working (or not) with disability (2019)
- Master of my domain? A look at depression and masturbation (2018)
- Mental illness and employment discrimination (2019)
- NIMBYism and mental health housing (2019)
- The right decision isn’t always easy (2019)
- Why do we think vitamins can cure mental illness? (2019)
- Why I told my patient I’ve been suicidal (2019)
- Why psychosis scares people (2019)
- Will suicide ever be 100% preventable? (2019)
- Live Your Life On Purpose
- Mariposa Magazine
- Messy Mind
- Noteworthy – The Journal Blog
- My Fortress of solitude (2019)
- The Haven
- The Mile High Club
- The Obscured
- Depression is a thief (2019)
- The Startup
- Do thoughts vibrate? (2019)
- The Writing Cooperative. Author page.
- Bringing it back to purpose (2019)
- Choosing the right tone to write about chronic illness (2018)
- Handling lacklustre receptions (2019)
- I’m a brand new author… Now what? (2019)
- Juggling writing and the effects of mental illness (2019)
- Lessons learned from being an author/editor (2019)
- Musings on writing a book (2019)
- Pressing send: Overcoming the psychological barrier (2018)
- Writers On The Run
Mental Health Matters (2018). Evidence-based supplements for depression.
New Life Outlook (2018). My story: Ashley Peterson.
Project Semicolon (2018). My name is Ashley, and this is my story.
Psychreg (2019). Blogging as a therapeutic tool for mental health.
Respect Yourself (2017). Using your voice for mental health.
Stigma Fighters (2017). Personal story.
The Mighty (2019). What it’s like to have lived through trauma but not have PTSD.
Time to Change (2018). Ron saw through my mental illness to the real me.
Uncomfortable Revolution™ (2019 ). A Venetian romantic getaway for me and my depression. Author page.
Visions: BC’s Mental Health and Addictions Journal (2014). On both sides of the desk: Working as a mental health nurse with a mental illness.
- Filthy (2019). Various. Author page.
- Humans (2018). Various. Author page.
- Journal (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
- Lifehack (2019). Various. Author page.
- Longevity (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
- Motivation (2019). Does the law of attraction actually exist?
- Petlife (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
- Proof (2019). Drinking & depressing.
- Psyche (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
- Viva (2019). Spotlight on female reproductive health.
- Wander (2018-2019). Various. Author page.
Guest appearances on other blogs
Blog of the Wolf Boy (2019). Behind the author.
Housewife Hustle (2019). Featured blogger of the month.
Love Kayleigh Rose (2018). Breaking barriers as a mental health nurse.
Midsummer Daydreamer (2018). Stories of Mental Illness – Ashley’s Story.
Secretladyspider Blog (2019). When body meets brain.
Academic Journal Publications – A.L. Peterson
Archives of Psychiatric Nursing (2016). Finding identity and meaning as a nurse with a mental illness.
Issues in Mental Health Nursing (2013). Integrating mental health and addictions services to improve client outcomes.
Journal of Advanced Nursing (2015). A case for the use of autoethnography in nursing research.
Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing (2017). Experiencing stigma as a nurse with mental illness.
Nurse Author & Editor (2013). Getting published for the first time: Tips for new graduate students.