Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I continue to have a hole in my bathroom ceiling while waiting for my upstairs neighbour’s leaky shower to be fixed. Not sure what’s taking them so long. My boy guinea pigs are lovely, but they are a little on the stinky side to have in my bedroom. Girl piggoos are far less stinky than boys.
- My appetite is finally improving, and I actually felt hungry at times this week.
- It’s been a quiet week for me, both mentally and in terms of things happening. It’s been nice.
- Do you ever have times when you discover you’ve been wrong for years about something you thought you knew? This week, I discovered I’ve been wrong forever on what I thought immaculate conception meant. I thought it referred to Mary getting preggers, not her being conceived.
- There was a WordPress update about a week ago, and it’s broken some things. One of the things that was supposed to be good about this update is that you can select text from multiple blocks and make it italic, for example, at the same time… except that it isn’t working properly. That seems like the kind of thing that one would test before rolling it out.
Earlier this week, my friend Caz at Invisibly Me shared the link to a petition to review the revisions NICE (the organization which establishes clinical guidelines for the UK) made last year to the guidelines for chronic primary pain for which there is no clear cause. According to NICE, “People with chronic primary pain should not be started on commonly used drugs including paracetamol, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, benzodiazepines or opioids.” If you live in the UK, you can sign the petition here.
This video shows Peanut while he’s dreaming. That’s his face on the right with his snout pointed towards the camera, and the white bit is his right eye. He has the most noticeable rapid eye movement sleep out of any of my piggies. Guinea pigs sleep with their eyes open, and the black part of Peanut’s eye tends to be oriented downward during REM sleep, so what’s visible is mostly the white part of his eye, making him look kind of possessed. Butternut flaps his ears a lot when he’s dreaming.
Here’s some colouring from this week.
How has your week been?