Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Mentally, this week has generally been calm, which has been nice.
- This week has been Mental Health Week in Canada, and it’s Mental Health Awareness Month in the US. I remain skeptical of the whole awareness thing. Maybe I’m just cynical, but I’m fairly sure people know mental health is a thing; they’re already aware.
- I had ordered some stuff from a pet supply store and it was delivered the next day, but the delivery person didn’t buzz my apartment, and the store didn’t email me to confirm that it had been delivered, so I remained oblivious to the fact that it had arrived. A couple of days later, I got a snarky email from the building caretaker complaining about me leaving it there. Dude, back the fuck off on the tone. I was mildly tempted to respond with some snark of my own, but I refrained.
- Water has started leaking from my upstairs neighbour down into my bathroom ceiling for the third time. This is getting rather ridiculous.
- My parents are in town this weekend, but I’m not planning on seeing them. I still feel like I can’t trust my mom after she spent so much time talking to the hospital psychiatrist. I guess there was even something about talking to her in my discharge summary, because the mental health team psychiatrist commented on my mom being really involved. I should never have let the hospital doc talk to her in the first place, but live and learn, I suppose.
- I decided to take a coding course to exercise my brain a bit. I started with a language (Java) that isn’t particularly useful to me but is somewhat similar-ish to something I’ve learned before way back in the day (C++). I’ll finish that course this weekend and then move on to something else, probably HTML, which I have some familiarity with already. It’s been fun coming up with bits of code to share with a friend who’s a developer so I can show off my new learning.
Casper likes to snuggle against the hay rack. She was napping, but she woke up as I got close to the cage. Here she’s semi-awake and deciding whether to go back to sleep or not. Her head is more flopped when she’s fully asleep.
In birdwatching news, these two robins on my neighbour’s balcony railing are nesting in the bush that’s in the picture. I think the male is the one on the left with the darker colouring.
How has your week been?