Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Amazon does weird things to the colours of book covers. I have three editions: ebook, paperback, and hardcover. The colours look different for each listing, and they all look different from the original cover file that I use here on the blog. WTF, Amazon? But on a more positive note, thanks to everyone for being so supportive re. the book.
- I am a serious wuss when it comes to migraines. I had one this week for the first time in a couple of months. It wasn’t that bad; I didn’t throw up, and it went away after a few hours with meds. But I wanted to crawl into a hole and die. I feel a bit like a man flu dude. Serious props to people like my friends Caz and Emilia who get migraines a lot and still manage to be at least somewhat functional human beings.
- There was a tornado really close to where I live last weekend. I didn’t think such a thing actually happened in this part of the world. My mind associates tornados with Little House on the Prairie.
- A while back I did a major social media clear-out as part of my attempt to resume being functional on those platforms. Turned out it was still too much for my head. I decided to try to keep at it, but did another round of unfollowing to make it less overwhelming for my head.
- I discovered that the reason my Pinterest notifications stopped and my views tanked was because it randomly disconnected itself from my blog, just because. And at one point I had claimed my Instagram account, but that whole option seems to have disappeared entirely.
- My brain has been very minimally functional this week, and I’ve been all kinds of dazed and confused, with crap mood to go along with.
- I have fully given up all pretense at basic social niceties. Eye contact? Fuck it, I can’t be arsed (that’s not exactly the word I’m looking for, but I like it, so whatever). I can’t speak properly, I can’t control my flat affect, so it just seems ridiculous to try to fake normalcy in other ways.
Thanks so much to Johnzelle Anderson for doing a 2-part review of my book on his podcast Perfectly Imperfect! You can find the link to both podcast episodes in this post on Panoramic Counseling.
This World Kindness Day, make sure you fit in some kindness to yourself.
That’s Casper the girl guinea pig inside the cage, and me holding Peanut the boy guinea pig for a visit and a kiss. The happy noises are coming from Peanut.
How has your week been?