Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Higher Times inspired me to incorporate more vinegar into my home. The best microwave cleaning trick ever: 1 tbsp vinegar in 1 cup of water, microwaved for 5 minutes. The steam melts the grime right off. Go vinegar!
- I got a notification from ResearchGate that someone I knew had commented on a journal article about nurses returning to work after being off due to mental illness. The paper was talking about alternative-to-discipline processes being the “humane” approach. Fuck that noise. Stigma with a “humane” coat on is still stigma.
- I was contemplating deleting the Twitter account that I’d stopped using at all several months ago, but I decided instead to leave it be and just do a massive clear-out of accounts I was following. My notifications had also become unusable because someone was regularly tagging me in tweets mentioning a bunch of people, and all the responses were a massive pain in the ass, so I muted anyone who was in my notifications that was involved in that kind of thing. I’m still not planning on actually using Twitter more than once in a blue moon, but at least it will be a more civilized experience if I do pop over there. I did a similar clear-out on Pinterest recently, and it was quite remarkable how big an effect that had on improving the relevance of my feed.
- Sometimes things pop up in my WP Reader feed that make my jaw drop. The other day, it was a reblog of a post about acceptance of transgender people being evil and sinful, with the reblogger echoing the evil part. It’s odd how a religion that supposed to be about love is so often used as an excuse for bashing certain groups of people over the head with hate. If people choose to believe something is sinful, that’s their party, but promoting hate in the name of one’s religion is fucked up.
- A few people have been having issues commenting on my blog. I have no idea what that’s about. When I tried fussing around with settings to see if I could make things better, it only made it worse. So I decided to make my blog readable in the WP Reader again. I changed the images I’m using in my reusable media+text blocks so they won’t look quite as ugly in the Reader, but they’ll still be gimpy-looking. 🤷🏻♀️
- For whatever reason, mid-August to end of September has always been a bad time of year for me depression-wise, ever since I first got sick. One of the things that always gets thrown off is my sleep. But at least I’ve had some nice afternoon naps with Casper.
I got the boys a new cozy spot to hang out. It’s a particularly good spot for Butternut because he has a tendency to roam in the direction of the girls (navigation via his Washington Monument), and this keeps him contained so he can chill rather than spazz.
How has your week been?