Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It’s not been a very good week for sleeping, which makes for extra space cadet-ness. Normally when I wake up, making the bed is fairly easy because don’t flop around too much. This week, it’s looked like I’ve been having a wrestling match with my bedding.
- A random thought because my leg was just itchy as I was writing this… Just this year I finally decided to stop caring about shaving various bodily regions. I try to remember to shave my legs before having a massage, because I figure it’s unnecessary to have a forest getting in the way of things. Aside from that, though, I just don’t care about being wild and woolly, and I’m quite content with that.
- I wrote an email to the medical clinic I go to complaining about the circus show of fuck-ups I’ve seen over the last few months. The dumb cunt of an office manager responded saying how wonderful each of those doctors are. Try being a patient, dumb bitch. Nothing like dealing with health care to ratchet up the profanity…
- I got my second COVID shot (Pfizer again). My arm was a little sore, but otherwise no side effects. Current public health guidance here is that masks are recommended for people until 2 weeks after they’ve been vaccinated, so that’s on the calendar. It’ll be nice to ditch the mask.
- I started my new journal at the beginning of this month, and I’m quite happy with it. It’s got a dot grid pattern rather than being lined, which makes setting up my calendar and tracker pages easier. It’s also very pretty, with a colourful lollipop tree on the cover.
- I always look at my website on my laptop so I hadn’t realized some of the design changes I’d been making using CSS had been making a mess of how pages on the site appeared on mobile. Oops. Lesson learned to check changes on both devices.
- Most of the reviews I post on Goodreads get the odd like here and there, but my review of Lost Connections by Johann regularly gets liked. I guess I’m not the only who’s not impressed with him.
- I heard rather deafening airplane noise yesterday. Curious to find out what it was, I discovered the airport has a flight tracker website where you can see what planes are flying in the area. After waiting for the 10 minute delay, I discovered it was a CL41 aircraft (which is a Canadian air force training plane) flying very close by, and then all of a sudden another military aircraft of some sort popped up on the screen out of nowhere, basically on top of it. Presumably that’s why it was so noisy. Being the geek that I am, that website could end up being the source of a great deal of fascination.
- Some random googling sent me down a rabbit hole of parasitic twins (i.e. bits of a body that have stopped growing/developing attached to a complete body; not the same as conjoined twins). That’s some weird shit. I wonder what the anti-choicers would think about that whole situation.
It’s rather gross the side of humanity that Twitter brings out. And sure, Twitter should crack down on some of the garbage. But it happens in the first place because individual people decide that the relative anonymity of Twitter makes it okay to be assholes. I don’t know what the solution is, but it’s not all on the platforms themselves. People need to learn to check their shit.
This is Butternut using his toy as a pillow. He’s done that a few times, which is awfully adorable. He’s still liking being my jigsaw puzzle companion. I listen to music while working on a puzzle, and he has very specific sounds he likes right at the beginning of Over and Over by Nelly and Hold Up by Beyonce. He makes a happy trilling noise when those sounds happen.
How has your week been?