Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Casper wasn’t feeling well last week, but all is well this week.
- I think I saw my woodpecker the other day. He disappeared around the beginning of mating season, and he may have been shacking up with his lady friend. The crow family in the courtyard has been very active this week. I like bird life.
- I’m still coughing, but not as much, so that’s something.
- What’s almost as bad as seeing a spider is not knowing where it went. I spotted one in the bedroom and it disappeared, and then reappeared on the kitchen counter a few days later. I don’t know if it’s getting older or being well-medicated, but it didn’t freak me out like it would have in the past, although there were definite heebie-jeebies.
- I watched a lecture on Youtube called A Brief History of Quantum Mechanics, because I’m a geek, and I like science. Then I stumbled across a TEDx talk by Suzanne Adams called How to Use Quantum Physics to Make Your Dreams a Reality. Despite her claims, whatever law of attraction stuff she was talking about had bupkis to do with quantum physics, and TED had flagged it with a note saying TEDx talks are run by local organizers doing their own thing, and “This talk only represents the speaker’s personal understanding of quantum physics and energy. The concepts discussed in this talk are not based on peer-reviewed scientific evidence or research.” AKA she’d bullshitting but we’ve decided to keep the video up because we know lots of people will want to watch it. I’m surprised TEDx would even give credence to it by posting it, because a lot of people were saying in the comments how clear she had made quantum physics. Quantum bullshit is more like it, but I guess whatever brings in the money…
- This is irrelevant for most of you, but for those who do pay any attention to domain authority, I think there’s something funky in the water over at Moz. I’ve come across several sites recently that look like they should probably have a DA somewhere in the teens, but they’re actually somewhere around 90. There was one site with a DA of 89 but didn’t have any sites with a DA higher than 30 linking to it. Something’s not adding up here. Perhaps DA is more Magic Eight Ball than anything. Signs point to yes…
Here’s Casper with her summertime haircut, which is kind of like a reverse mullet.
This is Peanut, just chillin’, with his moose-y snout, his little mouth open, and nose twitching. The piggie people are all cute, but Peanut’s most fun to take pictures of.
How has your week been?