Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- WordPress’s redesign earlier this week pissed me off because it forces me to use the wp-admin view for the lists of my posts and pages unless I type in the damn URL https://wordpress.com/posts/mentalhealthathome.org to get the view I had up until Tuesday. And according to the asshats at WP, that just is what it is. Maybe it’ll get changed, maybe it won’t; they really don’t know.
- Someone copied and pasted a post of mine onto their site. They mentioned at the end that the post originally appeared on my site, and included a link, so I got a pingback. But why bother? Copying a post without permission is still a copyright violation, even if you link to the original. Unfortunately, I couldn’t manage to track down their host to do a DMCA notice. Well, that’s not entirely true, I know who their host is, but the email contact listed on their site doesn’t work.
- I was asking my dad about the crazy streak on his side of the family, and it turns out I’m more genetically loaded on that side than I though. I knew about one great-uncle with schizophrenia and that there were others who were weird, but dad says there were two brothers that were schizophrenic and then another who my dad is pretty sure was mentally ill but it didn’t involve paranoia. Dad thinks that my great-great uncle died by suicide, but he isn’t entirely sure.
- My building had a scheduled 5-hour power outage on Thursday. I lead a very electricity-dependent life, so I was not impressed.
- My brother brought my niece over for a visit. She’s going through a phase of liking simply toys, so while she was here, she mostly played with an empty milk jug and a metal mixing bowl that she could wear as a hat.
From bottom to top in this picture is my arm, Peanut, and his burrowing blanket. He has a 2-part blanket fort system: a fleece blanket folded neatly on the bottom, and then a blanket on top to burrow through.
How has your week been?