Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- My one in-person friendship that’s been on its last legs for a while now has finally gasped and died. It’s unfortunate, but such is life.
- My parents are in town this weekend. They brought me food, which is nice, but I’m pretty indifferent to seeing them. We used to have a good relationships, but now I just feel totally disconnected from them. They were here yesterday for a little over an hour, which was too long. Having people around for more than an hour is excessively exhausting. And my dad’s answer to everything is going for a walk. He came out with that twice yesterday, which was less than usual, but still annoying.
- I got my taxes done. I did them myself online. I didn’t pay any text last year, but because of some refundable tax credits, the government will be sending me some money, which is nice.
- I was already grumbly about the whole psychosis=violent thing, when I came across this comment on someone else’s blog post about the recent mass shootings that reminded me why I get so pissy about it: “Until we address mental illness its not going to go away. Its not the guns, its the people who have the guns and are mentally ill.” First, woman, learn what a damn apostrophe is. And second, go fuck yourself.
- Perhaps I’m just too much of a dinosaur to understand, but what the hell is with “stories”? I didn’t get the point of them on Instagram, and now they’re on WordPress and Pinterest. Why is everyone jumping on the bandwagon? Why is it even a bandwagon at all?
This is Oreo and Casper hanging out by their beloved rusty hay rack. It doesn’t take long after I’ve filled it with hay and hooked it onto the side of the cage for Oreo to knock it off on one side and snuggle in behind it.
How has your week been?