Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- My friend Meg has released a new naughty novella called Alicia Misbehaves. If you’re in the US, you can win a free copy through her giveaway on Goodreads!
- The abscess that Peanut potato had a while back somehow got infected again, so I’ve been tending to a sick piggie all week. He’s starting to do better. I’m a firm believer that sick piggies need to be warm and toasty, so he stays snuggled next to me in his blanket fort pretty much all day.
- I’ve been doing a lot of weeding through older posts. I started this process a couple of months ago, but each time I go through the whole posts list I find more to delete. I like to get rid of unnecessary stuff in a physical sense, and I get the same sense of satisfaction from paring down online. I’m deleting the stuff that served a purpose at the time, but doesn’t have ongoing relevance. I’m also combining posts that talked about pretty much the same thing. I like this kind of thing, because it doesn’t require spontaneous thought, which is in pretty short supply right now.
- It sometimes surprises me what posts catch people’s interest. To Instagram or to Blog, Is That the Question? has been very popular, which is kind of funny, because I wrote it just as a fluff post because I couldn’t think of anything more substantial to write. Actually, in general, it’s a bit of a theme that posts that I think are fluff tend to do well.
- I got a comment on a post I did about social privilege on Medium.com from “senior buttocks biggus dickus the 1st.” How brilliant. It’s good for a laugh, so I’ll share: “What did I in what ever religions holy land did I just read. This Article is a just intellectually wrong and it is sad to see this horrible article on nonsensical political ideologue tomfoolery. Did writing this baloney article make you feel good feels good to virtue signal? this article is such stereotypical is not even funny. Women and White and you wrote this ? you must be so woke.”
- Why did WordPress randomly make the font small in the editor? And why does it keep randomly flopping back and forth like a stranded fish between Wp-admin and Calypso (the prettier WordPress.com editor look)? And some developer doofus who wants to make reusable blocks fancy is messing with what worked and was easy, and this bitch is not impressed.
It’s International Day of Happiness! Hope you are able to find a little bit of positive in your day.
How has your week been?