Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I spend very little time on Twitter, but I happened to notice that #transwomenarewomen was trending on Twitter on International Women’s Day. Unsurprisingly, there were all kinds of people trolling the hashtag as well, so I decided to do my bit to counter the nastiness by leaving some of positive comments in response to pics posts by trans ladies. It was one of those ultra-rare times when anything on Twitter feels good. Then there was another one! I happened to see that Demi Lovato has come out as queer, and I scrolled through her comments to see if the trolls were out. It was all love, love, love—very refreshing.
- I did a post earlier in the week about freedom of speech. I was expecting at least a handful of douchebag comments, but surprisingly I didn’t get any.
- I got a comment from someone saying that my 742-word post on somatic treatments for depression was too long, and I need to write shorter posts in the future. I was sooooo tempted to do a snarky response, but I didn’t. How very mature… or something. 🤪
- It’s been very spring-like here. Goodbye cozy winter boots, hello ballet flats!
- My brother brought my niece over last weekend. It was tiring. Her thing lately is she starts crying as soon as she get here, so that’s fun.
- I got my condo insurance renewal notice in the mail. It’s 20% higher than what it was last year, and 45% higher than it was 2 years ago. Yikes. Apparently the people who know about these kinds of thing think it’s going to be a few years before this clusterfuck settles down price-wise.
Faith of Oscar Dandelion mentioned Bob Ross in a post this week. Bob Ross is awesome, and I thought I’d pass on the peacefulness for anyone who has forgotten or wasn’t around when he was rocking the PBS airwaves back in the day. Like I commented on Faith’s post, Bob Ross is like taking an Ativan but without any of the downsides.
How has your week been?