Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I had an unwell guinea pig to attend to. I’m not sure exactly when, but Butternut bit Peanut, and the bite developed into an abscess. I first clued in that something was wrong because it smelled to high heaven in the boys’ room. Poor little potato was draining pus. So he’s been glued to my hip pretty much all week. I’ve kept it clean and kept him wrapped up in blankets so he’s warm and can’t nibble at it, and it seems to be healing well. Guinea pigs are such cuddle bugs when they’re not feeling well, and he likes using my arm as a pillow.
- My massage therapist was nice and didn’t charge me a last minute cancellation fee for my last minute missed appointment last week, so that was nice. I’d missed the appointment because I got my meds mixed up, so this week, I got a dosette to see if that will be a better system. It’s a big honkin’ thing like I might expect to have if I was 80 years old, but it’s got rainbow colours, so it’s kind of pretty.
- I had another unpleasant conversation with my doctor. He remains convinced that the disability people are asking, without coming out and saying so, for me to have an assessment done by a psychiatrist. I’m not sure why he’s got that particular burr lodged up his butt. I told him to just send the damn notes from my chart from the past year; the fact that I can’t walk or talk normally should be hella obvious for not being able to work. He said he’d do that, or at least I think he did, but he’s still fixated on the burr up his butt.
- I’m hoping that means no more stressful events over the next couple of weeks, and I’m hoping that will mean I’m able to walk, albeit ultra-slowly, to the dentist. That would take care of the logistical issues I was concerned about, so I’ve booked an appointment for the first week in January. It’s not enough time for there likely to have been much of an improvement, but we shall see.
- I haven’t had enough brainpower to do much writing this week, so instead I did a bunch of pruning of older blog posts that weren’t accomplishing anymore. It was an interesting process to look back.
Tuckle reminded me of this gem from 2006, so I thought I’d spread the joy.
How has your week been?