Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks to Emilia of My Inner Mishmash for giving me one of her MIMRA readership awards!
- For the second time this year, I didn’t pay my credit card bill on time. It wasn’t a matter of not having the money; I use my credit card as essentially a debit card with reward points, and I pay it in full each month. This was a cognitive failure. I have a recurring monthly reminder in my calendar, and that system has worked for me for years. But now, my brain doesn’t process information very well and isn’t reliable to act on those calendar reminders, and I end up thinking I paid the bill when I didn’t. So a different system will be needed. That’s fine, but it’s a tangible reminder of the effects of my illness.
- In other dazed and confused news, I missed my massage therapy appointment on Wednesday because I accidentally took one of my bedtime meds in the morning, which knocked me out sufficiently that leaving the house just wasn’t going to happen. So, time to rejig that system too.
- I have to decide whether or not to go to the dentist before I cancel the extended health/dental insurance I’ve been paying for through my employer. My distress tolerance capacity is ultra-low right now, so I would have to be quite sedated, which poses logistical challenges in terms of getting there and back. I’m overdue for a cleaning and rarely care enough to brush my teeth, so I’m sure it would take a while, which increases the likelihood that my stress/stimulation threshold would be reached, the waterworks would start to flow, and I would get up and flee, albeit at the speed of a snail. So yeah, I’m not sure what the best course of action is.
- Something weird is going on in guinea pig world this week. Casper continues humping Oreo, and Butternut has been more spazzy than usual.
- I didn’t do any work on my work in progress this week. No available brainpower. Instead, lots of dazed and confused time staring at things trying to make them make sense.
Peanut has been loving blanket fort time. The others like to be out in the world, but Peanut likes to be buried.
How has your week been?