Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I’ve been quite the mental space cadet this week, probably from the after-effects of the fork poke stressors from last week (see The Mental Illness Cutlery Drawer post if you want to know what I mean by forks). The forks themselves aren’t an issue, but the brain slowing is the gift that keeps on giving.
- November here on the wet coast of Canada is a rather gross and gloomy time. I have a SAD light that hasn’t helped before, but perhaps I’ll haul it out anyway.
- Sometimes when Casper is in heat she gets horny and will repeatedly mount her sister Oreo. Oreo isn’t impressed, and the two of them will start squealing, which gets to boys in the next room all kinds of excited.
- Peanut is the new holder of the Doofus McDoofus title. I was worried that he was going to hurt his teeth while chewing the cage bars to demand food. Sure enough, he chipped a tooth this week. It should be fine; their teeth grow continuously and get ground down by munching on hay, so it should fix itself. He wasn’t very happy the day he did it, but the next day he was back at it ringing the dinner bell (aka chewing the cage bars). So yeah, Doofus McDoofus.
- I got a letter from the disability people saying they need further information from both me and my doctor. What they want from me is easy. I don’t know what they want from my doctor, but the letter said they’ve contacted him directly and requested a response within 30 days. Good fucking luck with that, but at least it’s not having to go through me.
- Wearing masks only became mandatory in my province quite recently. Canadian politeness mostly wins out, but there are also some dumbasses pulling American-style dumbassery. Come on now, people. Did you feel the need to have a shit-fit over wearing a seatbelt while driving to the store? No? Then put the mask on already. And if you are in need of a mask…
The image above is an Amazon affiliate link, and I wish I could make it bigger, but I can’t. Anyway, I don’t know why I continue to be amused by Four Season Total Landscaping, but I am. There’s assorted merch on Amazon, including this mask that says “Make America Rake Again” and “Lawn and Order.” Ah, good times.
How has your week been?