Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- There wasn’t a whole lot going on in my world this week. I’ve been doing a lot of work on my book in progress. I’m thinking I’ll probably call it A Brief History of Stigma, and then have a subtitle that’s more specific. It’s not creative, but I’m okay with that.
- My massage therapist rather awkwardly asked about my slow movement before my massage this week. She clearly had no idea why it was happening, so she didn’t know how to ask about it.
- On Wednesday evening, my WordPress editor broke. I actually had a positive interaction with a happiness engineer. He couldn’t fix the issue immediately, but he was still helpful and the problem got fixed. There’s something different about the nuts and bolts of a business/ecommerce plan blog that allows them to use plugins, so updates on the WP end aren’t implemented the same way. I would definitely not have wanted this to be my problem to have to figure out.
- The vast majority of my posts contain internal links (i.e. links to other posts on my site). That means if people copy my posts and don’t remove those links, I get a pingback when they post it. This week, someone copied and pasted my post Why Is WordPress Eating Comments? It seemed like a rather odd post to copy in the first place, but also, the rest of the site was in Indonesian. I used to get annoyed, but not so much any more. Now I just submit a DMCA notice to WordPress and let them take it down. I’ve never bothered to go hunting, so I really have no idea how much plagiarism is happening where they’re on the ball enough to remove internal links.
- I was browsing on Google Search Console, and discovered that, over the last 3 months, my blog has appeared in search results 128 times for “deranged masturbation,” and 7 times people clicked through to my post on What Made You Crazy in 1864? I’m curious why people are searching for deranged masturbation.
- Ever since Doofus McDoofus tried to make a flying leap into the girls’ cage, the boys’ playtime has been seriously curtailed. Now, they’re enjoying snuggle time instead. I’m also enjoying weighted blanket time now that the weather is cooler.
How has your week been?