Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I had to talk to the CPP Disability people about extending the deadline for my doctor to get his report in. They allow documentation to be sent in by email, but they don’t respond to anything by email. So I called, and waiting on hold until I was cut off after an hour and 42 minutes. I called again, and waited almost as long on hold, but this time actually got to talk to a person. I think it worked in my favour that my speech is so impaired right now, because the person extended the deadline with no questions asked. I realized later that the wait must have been long because that was right around the time that one of the government COVID benefits was coming to an end, and there were a lot of people needing to switch over to different kinds of benefits. Unfortunate timing, but what can you do.
- My doctor wanted me to call him this week to check in, which I tried to do, but the receptionist ran interference. And they didn’t get the documentation I’d emailed them about the disability application. Ever since COVID started, the office staff have been giving a fuck off vibe, and I have no spoons available for that. I re-emailed the paperwork, but I don’t trust them to look at the email, so next week I’ll go in there and throw it at them (figuratively or literally – we’ll see).
- I picked up lunch from my favourite burger joint a couple of days ago, which was yummy.
- I had an interesting (not in a good way) comment on my post Your Vote Matters a couple of days ago. The person commented that they’d voted Republican, and I responded that it was great to hear that they voted, because encouraging people to vote was what the post was about. The person then said that they hoped I’d vote for Trump in order to save “white civilization.” Really, now? This white supremacist nonsense is like a fungus that just won’t go away. And it’s never a good sign when a candidate has the white supremacist vote locked down.
- I rarely look at Twitter, but the other day I happened to see a trending new item that Chrissy Teigen and John Legend lost their pregnancy. I was looking at comments on Teigen’s post, and what really caught my eye, aside from the assorted nastiness, was the repeated mention of “clump of cells” by accounts that looked like bots rather than regular users. It makes me wonder, is that an example of foreign actors trying to fan the anti-choice flames to influence the upcoming election?
How has your week been?