Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks to Rory of A Guy Called Bloke for gifting me a compliment on my post on advertising on your blog.
- A notification popped up that one of my former managers saved a pin of mine on Pinterest a couple of days ago. It’s unlikely that she even realized it was my pin, and I’m sure it just came up as she was scrolling along, but it was still a bit weird.
- I’ve been especially low on mental resources this week, and the guinea pigs have more cognitive power than I do right now. There was something I had to do last weekend that was cognitively intense (for me, anyway, which isn’t saying much), and that used up all of my brainpower for the entire week. So I’ve ended up spending a great deal of time staring at the computer screen in confusion.
- I’ve started taking Sinemet, which is a medication that’s normally used for Parkinson’s, to see if it will help with the problems with speech and movement.
- I sometimes feel vibrations when nothing’s actually vibrating. That’s been happening a lot this week. I’ve always interpreted it as feeling like it was happening underneath me, and figured that it was perceptual disturbances related to my mental illness, but I’m wondering if maybe it’s an internal tremor that I’m misinterpreting as being from an external source.
- My massage therapist is back from maternity leave, so I had a massage this week. Not quite as relaxing wearing a mask, but it was still nice.
- My brother brought my baby niece over for a visit. I brought the boy guinea pigs out of the cage, hoping Butternut would show off his popcorning. The poor boys were so terrified that they wouldn’t even accept celery.
Wrae of One Blog, One Day at a Time brought this up in a post earlier this week. The National Suicide Hotline Designation Act is stalled in American Congress, and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is campaigning for it to be passed. It would designate 988 as a national suicide hotline.
The AFSP has a letter template here that you can use to get in touch with your Representative.
If you’re looking for some light fun, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah is doing The Pandemmy Awards, and you get to vote in categories like Best Kevin – the nominees for that are in the video below. My favourite is the last guy.
And sadly, RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a truly remarkable woman.
How has your week been?