Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- WordPress seemed to be particularly badly behaved this week. It would randomly, and sometimes frequently, log me out. Sometimes, when I logged back in, it refused to let me view the post I’d been working on. Midweek they updated the AMP plugin (for accelerated mobile pages), which then started telling me there was a problem anytime I saved/updated a post. I think I need to just stop contacting the “Happiness Engineers”, because talking to them doesn’t solve problems and just makes me angry.
- Pinterest also changed things up this week. I went from getting notified sometimes maybe if the stars aligned that someone had saved one of my pins, to getting notified of everything. It’s odd only because it’s been sporadic and random the whole 3 years I’ve been using it, and I have no idea why the change now.
- Last year, I wrote a firmly tongue in cheek humour piece on Medium called The Swimwear Hall of Infamy. For some reason, it’s been getting a lot of views recently. It’s also attracted some comments from pro-nudism people who took it seriously and interpreted it as body-shaming and Puritanical.
- My brain is still slow and confused, so I’ve been spending a lot of time on mindless tasks because I don’t have enough mind for anything else.
- I had to venture out of the house for the first time in a couple of weeks. But by this point I’ve lost any last vestiges of caring about the fact that I look weird when I’m this slow moving. I have no choice in the matter and certain basic things still need to get done, so que sera sera.
- My brother brought my 5 1/2 month old niece over for a visit. She liked the girl guinea pigs, although Oreo was less interested in tolerating the hair grabbing. Then I brought Peanut out, and she immediately started crying. Boy guinea pigs have a musky smell, so I’m guessing she didn’t like that.
How has your week been?