Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks to Caz of Mental Health 360º for the blog award nomination!
- I made an interesting discovery this week as to why SEO sites have been giving me some strange feedback. They’ve been telling me that an emerging blogger post by Breathing With A Noose has been doing very well for the search term “breahting with a noose”. Also, for the post Do You Reblog?, they were telling me I should be optimizing for the term “reblop.” I couldn’t figure out why they were so keen that I be making typos…. until I Googled the terms this week. Reblop is a porn channel on Youtube; I just recently learned from Josh Shea’s book Porn and the Pandemic that such a thing actually exists. And “breahting with a noose” is an intentional typo used for BDSM porn. It’s rather fascinating that major SEO sites like SEMRush are telling me to lean into the porn. Thanks, but no thanks.
- It turns out that a major maintenance project that my building has coming up is looking like it could cost $7 million rather than the $2.5 million estimate the strata had previously been working with. That’s going to mean some hefty special assessment levies over the next few years. Oh, the joys of home ownership.
- My head is particularly mashed potato-y this week. And physically I’m so slowed down that it’s hard to move. A couple of time I was talking to receptionists at my doctor’s office and that took a lot of spoons.
- Four days in a row this week, I got email invitations from the same person to follow their blog. After invite #3, I decided to take a look to see what this person’s deal was, and this blog has a fascinating pattern. They’ve got 300 some-odd followers, but they get 60 likes a post. I wouldn’t have thought inviting random people to be followers would be very successful, but I guess it’s working for this person.
- Butternut Doofus managed to slide off the bed again while attempting to get closer to the girls’ cage. He was giving me the stink eye and wasn’t coming out from under the bed, even when I tried using Chloe to lure him out. Eventually it was celery that succeeded.
How has your week been?