Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I’ve been wanting to get a weighted blanket for a while, and finally got one. Somehow my head hadn’t put two and two together with the whole weighted bit, and when tried to I picked up the package I wasn’t prepared for how heavy it would be to lift.
- Jello is delightfully refreshing when it’s hot out. But I think I might be radioactive for a while from all the neon food colouring.
- I’ve decided to go ahead and apply for disability benefits now, because it’s not looking like work is going to happen anytime in even the remotely near future. I’m trying to make my application look as compelling as possible, because I really don’t want to have to deal with going through an appeal. My biggest concern is that the average adjudicator probably knows fuck all about mental illness. I don’t really have anything specific to base that on other than the fact that a lot of health professionals who don’t have a background in mental health don’t know a whole heck of a lot about it. I’m not worried about losing an appeal if it comes to that; I just don’t want it to come to that.
- It’s been pretty warm this week and my girl guinea pigs have long hair, so I figured it was probably kind of uncomfortable. Haircut time! The girls weren’t impressed, and I’m definitely not as talented at hair cutting as Oreo is, but hopefully they feel cooler.
- My head has been feeling particularly mushy this week, so it’s been hard to do much of anything aside from staring at things in confusion.
- I noticed that on several days over the last few weeks, search engines were the #1 source of traffic to my blog. I don’t recall it ever surpassing WordPress before this. I’ve noticed that my WP Reader feed seems quieter than usual lately. I’ve noticed that in previous summers, but I’d wondered whether it would happen this year while the whole COVID thing.
- I seem to be on some kind of rotating email list for such luminaries as “Your Penis” and “Prostate WARNING.” I have an old hotmail account that I use for mailing lists and various unimportant things, and earlier this year it was blitzed by Your Penis and friends. Then the junk emails stopped abruptly, and then restarted about a week ago. The other day, that email account got a blitz of unsuccessful sign-in attempts from IP addresses in Russia, Venezuela and assorted others. What fascinates me is that people even bother to set up the automation to do this kind of thing. Are they really getting any bites on the Your Penis fishing lure?
And on the WTF WordPress front, what doofus decided that people would want this dumbass block pre-made and ready to go?
Start doofus here:
“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”— Don Quixote
End doofus here.
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- In My Head With Simon wrote a letter to students who battle mental illnesses
- Meagon Nolasco of Prose For The Masses did a wounded healer interview
When I put the boys on my bed, they like to run around, popcorn, and horndog it up. The girls, though, like to save playtime for their cage. When I take them out the cage, they like to stay put and look beautiful. You can’t see the bad haircuts from this angle because the chopping happened at their other end.
How has your week been?