Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks to Maria of Emotional Musings and Meg of Where Good Advice Happens for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
- A bit thanks to Kacha of Food.for.Thoughts for the lovely review of my book Managing the Depression Puzzle!
- I’m still very slow this week. Reading is hard because not much actually sinks into my brain, and I spend a fair bit of time just dazed and confused.
- It’s been pretty hot out this week, and my little Butternut-potato seems more comfortable hanging out on the rooftop patio of his hidey house. It’s plastic, and I like the click his nails make against it.
- I went over to my brother’s place to visit my infant niece. It’s weird, when I’m this slow, I can’t smile or make faces at her because my face just doesn’t do that. Anyway, she started crying as soon as her mom went into another room, and just kept going. I lasted maybe 10 minutes before I reached my maxed out stimulation threshold, at which point I started crying and then left. Fun times. Pre-meltdown, my brother was trying to give me instructions for feeding his cat when they’re away next week. I guess I looked sufficiently dazed and confused that he asked if he should just email me. Yes please.
- I got an email yesterday from a nurse who came across a paper I published in a nursing journal a few years ago about stigma and being a nurse with a mental illness. She had some similar experience, but is now in a job where her employer is really supportive. So that was cool.
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Quiet Person, Loud Thoughts did an emerging blogger post on what happens when you don’t die
- Jodie of A Prisoner By No Crime Of My Own did an emerging blogger post I wasn’t born yesterday about the strength she learned from her grandmother
How has your week been?