Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- When I looked at WordPress Thursday morning, I discovered that my Gravatar image had been randomly deleted. WordPress has plenty of quirky bugs, but I hadn’t come across this one before.
- Received a spam comment with this enjoyable line: “You have risen the main facts through this plate form.” Why thank you, I take my plate form very seriously.
- Kraft Dinner is something of a Canadian legend. It’s also known as Kraft Mac & Cheese in the U.S.; I’m not sure if there’s substantial difference in the product itself. This week I had KD (and yes, almost every Canadian knows what “KD” is) for the first time in years. I discovered on the box there was a coupon for KD Bites at Burger King. I can’t believe this is the first time someone’s come up with this idea for a heart attack in a ball.
- Things have been particularly rocky this week with my one in-person friend. I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth continuing.
I saw this note at the end of an article on Psychology Today which struck me as rather douchy in delivery on the part of the male author, regardless of the merit, or lack thereof, of the underlying point.
“Author’s note: The male pronoun is used as default in the English tradition as this author believes there are better ways to improve the condition of women than the now-fashionable flaunting of linguistic deformations.“
I’m assuming douchy counts as a linguistic deformation, but I’m fine with that.
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Meagon of Prose for the Masses did an emerging blogger post on PTSD’s many different colours
- Stronger Than What Hurt Me did an emerging blogger post about how rape culture is fucked
How has your week been?