Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I went over to my brother’s to visit my niece, but she started crying within a few minutes of me getting there, and pretty much non-stop until her mom got home from running an errand. It’s a good thing I never wanted to have kids because I have no desire to be around a crying baby.
- I got some new bedding that I ordered from Amazon, which was kind of nice. I’m very glad that so much shopping can be done online now. I can handle going to the grocery store, but other than that, I have no desire to go into stores if it can possibly be avoided.
- A Canadian site called Unsinkable had gotten in touch with me several months ago asking if I’d be interest in contributing a personal narrative to their site. I had submitted it right around the time that things were getting crazy with COVID, and then it was radio silence. Anyway, I heard from them yesterday, and my story is now up on the Unsinkable site.
- My mood continues to be crap, and I’ve noticed that my movements have gotten slower.
- The crows have finally quieted down. I guess the little ones are no longer nest-bound.
- I was followed on Bloglovin by someone who’s profile blurb said “LООКING FОR SЕХ 1 ТWIСЕ А WОМАN FОR ТНЕ SАКЕ ОF ТНЕ GЕNЕRАL МЕЕТINGS RОZDУНА НЕRЕ DЕNSЕR НЕRЕ.” Well hot damn, sign me up!
Here’s Doofus McDoofus (aka Butternut) playing king of the castle. He jumped out of the cage once before, and it scared him so much he’s never done it again.
As if the world wasn’t batshit crazy enough already, the U.S. Supreme Court (including alleged rapist Brett Kavanaugh) has decided that employers can claim contraception is against their religion in order to be exempted from the Obamacare provision that’s been interpreted as requiring employers to cover contraceptives as part of their employees’ health insurance plans.
Ok, so no birth control, but I’m guessing no abortions either, right? Apparently, covering Viagra isn’t a problem, though. And if someone needs contraceptives for endometriosis or premenstrual dysphoric disorder? Too bad, too fuckin’ sad, I guess.
How has your week been?