Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It’s been another crap-tastic week. Part of it is depression, full stop, but another part of it is the yuckiness of the world. Another cop charged with murder, in the killing of Rayshard Brooks. Ongoing minimization of injustice. Someone on Medium posted a video from a news outlet arguing that there isn’t systemic racism because black people kill black people. A Canadian member of parliament got kicked out of the House of Commons because he called another M.P. racist after that M.P. was to only member to vote against a motion recognizing systemic racism within our national police force. I just don’t understand.
- My doctor faxed a refill of my meds to the pharmacy on Tuesday, so off I went on Wednesday to pick them up. When I got there, the staff person who helped me is someone I recognize from previous visits as being rather out to lunch. After spending some time looking for my pills, he came back and mumbled something at me. Mumbling plus face mask plus plexiglass barrier doesn’t work very well. Anyway, turns out that because they didn’t have the full stock in, they’d just done nothing with the prescription. So I had to wait. And wait. I have very limited distress tolerance ability right no, so I spazzed, and asked them to put a note on my file not to pull that shit again. Hopefully I put a little more fear of the crazy person into them (and yes, it was already there to some extent), and there won’t be a repeat.
- The visit with my parents last weekend was uneventful. I was over at my brother’s place, where they were staying, for an hour and a bit. I just don’t feel any connection to them at all anymore. That switch appears to be permanently stuck in the off position.
- I finally managed to figure out which of my plugins was causing the slowness of my WP editor. It was the CoBlocks plugin, which WP had automatically installed, although it’s actually made by GoDaddy. I tried disabling it, but I would’ve had to do some major reformatting on my home page to make that work. So I left a message in the support forum for the CoBlocks plugin, and got in touch with the happiness engineers to ask if they could revert me to the previous version of the plugin. The asshat that I talked to didn’t believe me about what the problem was. The next day I heard back from the plugin people that they’d fixed the issue and released a new version. Problem solved! Take that, happiness engineer! I was right and you were wrong! (Picture me doing the happy dance of a 5-year-old.)
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Steffi Jenifer of The Colourful Salad wrote about experiencing PMS in My Dark Side
- the Guru of Zen of Daily Bliss wrote about how to stop beating yourself up over goals
With so much heaviness in the news, it’s nice to find some levity here and there. This week, the Canadian CBC News site had a story about an Austrian man who was fined 500€ for farting at police. The CBC story quotes the local police force as saying the person who was fined “let go a massive intestinal wind apparently with full intent.” I wonder if other sources of hot air would be fine-able?
During playtime on the bed, Butternut is in full horndog mode because of the girls’ cage nearby. You can kind of see at the end of this video as he’s running away that he’s giving a full crotch view, and that’s part of his silly horndogging.
Don’t put all your pigs in one basket! This is inspired by a photo I see this morning on Bree, Interrupted.
How has your week been?