Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks so much to Doctor Getting Sober for nominating me for the Liebster award!
- I’ve been doing a lot less reading this week than I usually do, partly because my concentration is even more crap than usual, and partly because I’m just not in a good headspace.
- I’ve got my blog syndicated on Bloglovin, which is kind of like the WordPress Reader for non-WP users. I never actually use it; it’s just a set it and forget it kind of thing. But there is a user named “bloglover” who’s been following-unfollowing-refollowing me for quite some time, sometimes multiple times a week. I haven’t the slightest clue what the point is.
- I’ve mostly been staying away from Twitter since the COVID-19 pandemic started. This week I decided to take a look through my feed, and it didn’t take long to feel rather disgusted with humanity.
- I’ve been staying up “late” (for me) this week, until the ridiculous hour of 8pm (gasp!).
- My parents are in town today and tomorrow and staying at my brother’s. It’s been about a year since I last saw them, and I don’t have any actual interest in seeing them, but I’ll head over there for a bit this afternoon.
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Molly of Love to Live did an emerging blogger post about how depression won’t leave her alone
- Higher Times wrote about My First Psychotic Break.
Joe Biden was a guest on the June 10 edition of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Noah asked him about having someone other than the police respond to mental health crisis situations in the community, and Biden wasn’t keen on that. Noah pointed out that in “mental institutions” (insert eye roll here), it’s not police dealing with issues that arise. Biden responded “They also use force in those mental institutions, when things get out of hand. They put them in straitjackets.” This is accompanied by a gesture crossing his arms across his chest.
Joe Biden has a history of being a doofus when it comes to word choices. I doubt this is a word gaffe, though. I think this is a stigma, and it’s disgusting. Straitjackets? What the hell decade is he living in? Some fresh thinking around this and other social issues is long overdue, but it appears unlikely to happen anytime soon.
How has your week been?