Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks to Rory of A Guy Called Bloke for gifting me a compliment on my post Farewell, WordPress Editor…
- It puzzles me when I get book reviews on Amazon where the person was expecting one thing when the book description was very clear that it was not that thing. Do people just not read book descriptions? That seems very odd.
- Sometimes negative comments are so out there that they’re just amusing. I had someone over on Medium comment on a debunking pseudoscience post I’d originally published here on whether Crystals Have Healing Powers. This person was apparently a crystal devotee, and decided to go all Spazzy McSpazzerson. One of the grasping for hot air points that this person raised was that I hadn’t written about “the Christians” and their use of holy water, and why was I afraid of the Christians? Sometimes, a wacky, rambling negative comment is a fun adventure!
- I realized I was trying to keep up with too many blogs and it was getting a bit overwhelming, so I decided it was time to pare it down a bit and do some unfollowing. I like reading blogs, but it’s something I need to revisit every so often so that I maintain a good balance between reading and doing other things.
- My mood’s been low and I’ve been fairly irritable this week. My little man Peanut likes to chew on the cage bars to announce that it’s time for food. When that happens around the appropriate time for food, it’s cute. But for some reason this week he was just going to town with it, and it was a pain in the ass. Very briefly rubbing essential oil on the bars acted as a deterrent, but then he realized that wasn’t going to hurt him, so that was the end of that.
- I spent quite a bit of time fussing around with block editor-ifying my site. The refusal to save/schedule because of an “invalid JSON response” is certainly annoying. I don’t know what the hell a JSON response is, nor do I care, but WordPress really needs to make it not my problem.
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Kat of It’s on Random did an emerging blogger post And I Never Told Anyone
- LaDonna of Perspective on Trauma did an emerging blogger post Unchartered: Looking Within During Unsettled Times
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“History will have to record the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.”Dr. King
How has your week been?