Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I only spent 2 days in Pinterest jail before they reactivated my account. I don’t know if it’s my time in the Pinterest jail or the effects of COVID-19, but my new pins are suddenly getting 2 impressions rather than a few thousand, Still, Pinterest makes a great distraction no matter what’s going on in the world. It can also be good for a laugh, like the pin I stumbled across that was about the scientific benefits of breathing. I’ll take dumbasses for $1000 please, Alex – what is living?
- My blog got rapid-fire liked by the top ayurvedic sexologist in Delhi. Now there’s a claim to fame!
- I woke up with a fever yesterday. My sinuses have been irritated for a while, and now they’re infected. Not fun, but in the grand scheme of things, could be much worse. For those who like gross things, the gluey mucus has migrated from inside my nose where it reasonably belongs, onto the outside of my nose, and now all the way up to my forehead, and that fucker isn’t coming off no matter what I try to scrub it with. I’m being attacked by a snot monster.
- I visited my infant niece again this week (pre-sinusitis, of course). She’s a pretty cute little hairless guinea pig.
- My doctor is only doing phone consults at the moment, so I had a chat with him this week. I don’t like talking on the phone, but it wasn’t particularly painful.
- Again this week I walked once to the grocery store rather than driving. Progress is a good thing.
- I was having a hard time this week with my one in-person friend; he did something to surprise me, and I don’t do surprises very well. It’s sorted out now, but it’s all a bit exhausting, really.
- My routine remains pretty much the same as ever. I’m not anxious about COVID-19, but it’s definitely changed the feel of the blogosphere.
- I normally am a plant killer, but I’d had a snake plant that has lasted several years even though it could have used repotting a couple years ago. It finally took a nose dive off the mantle a couple days ago. My two prayer plants aren’t looking very good; maybe the snot monster that’s attacking my face hasn’t jumped over onto them as well
How has your week been?
I’ve put together a COVID-19 coping toolkit page to give you some ideas on how to manage during this difficult time.