Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks so much to R.K.B. of VodkaforMondays for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award. And on a side note, I’ve been told that Canadians say “neat” more than others, and it’s one of the “tells” that gives away where someone is from.
- Thanks also to Vincent Ehindero for nominating me for his Blogger Award!
- I walked to the grocery store for the first time this year. It was very slow, but I did it.
- I’ve started preparing an application for disability benefits so that it’s ready whenever I decide the time is right to pursue it. This week I requested discharge summaries from my past hospitalizations for my doctor to submit along with his part of the application. I could’ve asked his office assistant to get them, but I thought it would be easier to just do it myself. The only discharge summary I’ve looked at was from my first very brief hospitalization; I haven’t looked at the others, nor do I want to. When they arrive in the mail, the challenge will be to stay strong and not look at them. I know the basic substance of what they’ll say, but I know if I read the exact words there will be things that piss me off, and that’s not helpful.
- I met my newborn niece for the first time. It’s kind of like holding a guinea pig but without the fur.
- Pinterest randomly decided to suspend my account for being spammy. I use Pinterest quite a bit, so that’s annoying. I don’t imagine that it will get fixed anytime soon.
- COVID-19 isn’t affecting my day-to-day activities much because I spend almost all of my time at home anyway. I notice the empty shelves at the grocery store, and feel grateful that most of the time we have an abundant supply of things. I’m checking the news daily as I normally would, but not spending that much extra time at it. I’m hardly on social media at all, but I’ve definitely noticed that my WP Reader feed is full of virus-related posts.
- I’ve felt rather apathetic and unmotivated this week.
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Lisa of Steering Through Mental Health wrote about love, hope, and kindness
- HealthComesFirst!!! Blogger wrote about stigma
How has your week been?