Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I released my book Managing the Depression Puzzle earlier this week. A huge thank you to those who picked up a copy and everyone for all your supportive comments!
- The depression-related psychomotor retardation is still really bad, so in another round of grasping at straws, I tried prednisone to try to get an idea of how much inflammation is contributing to the depression. However, the prednisone made me feel quite unwell, so that was the end of that experiment.
- I got out of the house a couple of times to go to the doctor and grocery shopping. When I’m at home I don’t notice just how slow I am, but then I leave home and think huh, I didn’t realize it was still this bad.
- It’s been a particularly low mood week.
- I’ve bumped up my showering frequency to every 3 days, so that’s something.
- Peanut, one of my guinea pig boys, likes to gnaw on the cage wires to express “feed me now.” I’ve finally discovered something that makes him stop – rubbing olive oil on the cage bars. I guess he doesn’t like the taste, which is good, because I worry about him chipping a tooth.
- I’m sure there are some very good life coaches out there, but there are also the odd quacky ones. This week I came across one answering a question about depression on Quora; she said that depression isn’t an emotion, it’s an action. WTF?
- Is it just me or has WordPress been quiet this week? It feels like there’s been less activity in my WP Reader feed than usual.
As a guest on my blog this week, I had:
How has your week been?