I discovered this morning from LittleTinkablee‘s blog that today is Random Acts of Kindness Day.
According to the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, these are some of the benefits of kindness:
- releases the feel-good hormone oxytocin, which also lowers blood pressure
- boosts energy
- stimulates the brain’s reward centre
- produces endorphins, which decrease pain
- decreases levels to the stress hormone cortisol
- decreased anxiety and depression
- promotes happiness
For a very cute take on loving-kindness meditation, check out this video from Greater Good at UC Berkeley:
How will you be kind today?