Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- It hasn’t been a good week. Thanks so much to everyone for all of your support – it means a lot. I saw my GP earlier in the week, and he’s great, but I think he’s feeling a bit out of his depth. I’m extremely slowed down right now, and I don’t think GPs are often exposed to this degree of psychomotor retardation. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is the most effective treatment for this particular symptom of depression, but as I mentioned in a post earlier this week it’s just not a feasible option at this point. So it will be a matter of slowly waiting for my meds to catch up to me, which will happen; it will just take a while.
- I got smelly enough that even the guinea pigs didn’t want to be too close to me.
- I realized I forgot to pay my credit card bill last month. I thought I had, but nope. That’s never happened before, and it speaks to how scattered I’ve been lately.
- I got out of the house twice this week, once to see my doctor and then the other time was to go to the lab to get some blood tests done. I left the lab and was walking back to my car. I was on the sidewalk holding up some cars that were waiting to pull out of a gas station, and some asshole blared his horn and yelled “can you walk any slower, cunt?” No, as a matter of fact, I’m just a teensy step up from being stationary. I didn’t take it personally, because he was obviously an asshat, but it’s kind of sad that people feel the need to be shitty.
As guests on my blog this week, I had two fabulous emerging bloggers – check them out if you haven’t already done so:
- Violet of Shrink(ing) Violet wrote about how the Turning of the calendar doesn’t start a new story
- Ashleigh of Mental health vs you did a post on The Good, The Bad, and the Person
Probably some of you have noticed recently that WordPress is sometimes randomly disabling comments on some blogs. LovingSummer talked to WP about this, and it’s a known bug that’s being worked on. There’s more here: https://github.com/wordpress-mobile/WordPress-iOS/issues/13079
How has your week been?