Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I had a WordPress glitch last weekend that affected my comment notifications. It turned out it was because it was a glitch in a new update of one of my plugins (WooCommere Admin, for anyone who’s interested in that kind of thing). It’s at times like that, that I’m very glad I’m not self-hosted. I have no desire to have things be my problem to sort out.
- I’m usually pretty good about not giving in to the occasional urges that come up to Google a former colleague or classmate and find out what they’re doing. This week not so much. I don’t even recall what triggered it, but I ended up looking up one of my former nursing classmates who’s highly successful on a global scale. I think it was less her success in particular and more a reminder of how much I’ve lost careerwise, both actual and potential. That loss is very much due to illness and not my “fault”, but it continues to be hard to be reminded of it, even though I’ve accepted that it is my new reality.
- My thinking hasn’t been as slow as last week, although I’m still not writing much. I’ve been more motivated to shower. I even bothered to brush my teeth, because it had been so long that they were starting to feel a bit furry. My energy is better, but I’m still very slow-moving, so I decided to put off dealing with my car that won’t start until next week.
- Had my first rum and eggnog of the season. I don’t like either one on its own, but put them together and somehow they morph into something good.
- Normally I have a couple of minutes of worry about my future right before bedtime. This week it’s been pushing into the daytime. There’s really nothing I can do about it aside from distraction, though, since they are legitimate concerns that I can’t really do anything to alleviate.
- My poor little Cookie monster has a UTI. But being sick does not in any way lessen her love of treats.
- I’ve had a recent surge in the number of spam emails I get to my Hotmail account, which is basically a junk account to begin with. The other day I got an email from “Jesus Christ.” Would there really be anyone so dumb that they wouldn’t realize right away that if Jesus was going to communicate with you it sure as heck wouldn’t be by email?
How has your week been?