Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks so much to Kacha at Food.for.thought for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! (and if you’re not already familiar with her blog, definitely go have a look)
- I did a post earlier this week dopamine fasting and how it’s pseudoscience to suggest your brain can actually fast from dopamine. The post was shared on Twitter, and I got a response from Mr. Dopamine Fasting himself, Dr. Cameron Sepah, who said I was talking the title too literally. I responded that I wasn’t the one who came up with it. His response: “Yes, and it did exactly what it was supposed to do. In the news of 7 countries and counting.” Yes, and this kind of marketing-value-matters-more-than-accuracy douchiness is why people package things in pseudoscience in the first place – because being accurate wouldn’t sell as well.
- I worked one shift this week, and a migraine started coming on at the end of the shift. For me driving and migraines are a very bad combination. That was the case again this week, and it included vomiting while in my car driving on a freeway. Fun times.
- It’s fascinating to see from your WP stats how people have made their way to your blog. This week I had a number of people arrive from connectpeople.belastingdienst.nl, a site run by the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration. Um, okay…
- My massage therapist has started her maternity leave, so this week I had a massage from another therapist at the same clinic. Ugh. It’s hard to say how much is because my regular therapist is totally amazing, and how much is that this new person isn’t a great fit for me. I’m going to try one more massage, and if I’m not happy with that one either I think I’ll just shelve the whole massage idea until my regular person is back from mat leave.
- Pretty much every day I have a brief surge of worry about the future right before bedtime. I’ve gotten used to it and don’t tend to pay much attention to it, but it’s been more intense this week.
- I got my new journal for next year’s bullet journal, so I’m in the process or setting up the various grids for things I track. That’s the annoying part. After that’s done I get to start having fun with stickers.
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Tanya from Mummy’s Anxiety Monster did an emerging blogger post Me My Mental Health and I
- Savannah from Happy In Him did an emerging blogger post It’s Okay to Not Be Okay, Just Don’t Stay There
How has your week been?