Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I’ve been having a hard time handling multiple tasks. It’s not that I actually have that much going on, but if I have an email to deal with on one account, an email on a second account, a blog comment to respond to, and a Twitter notification, my brain gets very confused. Even with my organization system it’s been hard.
- I passed $1000 in sales generated by my ad campaign on Amazon for my book Psych Meds Made Simple. That’s gross sales, and what I actually made was substantially less than that, but still it’s pretty cool. I’ve figured out some keywords to target that are doing really well, and I sell a couple of books pretty much every day. I’ve just started an ad campaign for my new book Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis, and hopefully I’ll be able to figure out some keywords that will generate some sales. It may be hard, though, since I don’t have any reviews on Amazon.
- I had some sales on my little blog store, which was super cool.
- Had to go underwear shopping because either the dryer monster has been busy or I have a burglar with a fetish. The shop that I usually go to sometimes has some excessively perky sales staff, but luckily none of those types were working that day, and I was able to get in and out with less than 10 words said. Success!
- I found out my brother’s wife is 3 months pregnant with their first child. I feel totally indifferent. I know I “should” have more of a reaction, but I just don’t care. I don’t exactly feel guilty about my reaction, but I know it’s not normal. And it’s not as though I’m in shock or anything; I knew they wanted kids and the biological clock is ticking.
- Fall is such a good time for eating. It makes me more motivated to cook and bake. I was going to make my first pumpkin pie of the season yesterday, but I forgot to pick up an ingredient, so that will happen today.
- I’ve been pretty good this week about keeping up with cleaning, which is not my forte.
How has your week been?