Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks so much to Beckie of Beckie’s Mental Mess for gifting me the Blogging Leadership award! I was previously given this award by its creator, Nova Namaste, and I did a post then about leadership in blogging.
- WordPress informed me it was my two year blogging anniversary, although I didn’t actually go public with the blog until 2 or 3 weeks after I started it.
- My best friend is just finishing up nursing school and has had a job basically just handed to him. While I’m very glad for him, I wish things were that easy for me. The contrast is very real and it’s not something I can think my way out of, which leaves the alternative of just letting it be until it starts to fade into the background.
- I have spent an inordinate amount of time this week flopping around like a stranded fish. My organization system has gotten a bit overwhelmed and it’s taking a while to adapt it so that I feel somewhat on the ball.
- This morning I spend a bunch of time fighting Amazon’s weird colour-transformation thing it’s got going on for paperback back book covers to make my book cover the way it’s supposed to look. For some reason they say it’s normal that what they display doesn’t exactly match the colours in the uploaded file. Um, okay then…
- My mood has been low but that’s typical for this time of year, so not much to do besides just ride it out.
- My massage therapist will only be around for another month before she goes off on maternity leave. I’ve booked a few appointments with another therapist at the same clinic, so we’ll see how that goes. I have a hard time feeling comfortable with new people, so I’m not looking forward to it.
- I knew going in that it’s hard to make money from ads on your site unless you’ve got a huge amount of traffic. In case anyone else is interested in these kinds of things, I made about $3 in the last month. Still, that’s actually better than I was expecting, because on most days I earn one cent. And at the rate I’m going at as an Amazon affiliate, it will take a number of years before I earn enough to even hit the minimum for them to cut me a cheque. This blog monetizing thing is definitely not easy!
My new book Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis had three new reviews!
As guests on my blog this week, I had:
- Eilidh did an emerging blogger post titled It will be okay
- Johnzelle did a post on EMDR therapy (and I did a post on his site about my therapy journal)
How has your week been?