Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- Thanks so much to Rory of A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip for gifting me The Inspiration Award! The feeling’s mutual, by the way!
- I launched both the Mental Health @ Home Store and my new book Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis this week.
- I didn’t work at all during the week but I have a shift tonight. It’s the only shift I’ve got for the whole month, although I’ll probably end up getting another shift because one of the regular staff calls in sick fairly regularly.
- I seldom use my aromatherapy diffuser in the summer because it’s nice just having the fresh air coming in through the windows, but this week I’ve switched my aromatherapy habits over to fall mode.
- It’s not been a good week mood-wise. Probably a combination of time of year and dreary weather.
- Someone saw fit to plagiarize the post I did this week about suicide not being selfish. Sure, they changed a few words, but the vast majority of it was lifted word for word from my post. This person has a very small following, and I’m one of only two people that regularly read and like their posts, so obviously I was going to see it. I got a response to the comment I left from the blogger saying the post was written by a student, and the blogger would ask this student to take it down. Um, how about you do it yourself? What she did delete was my comment. Okay then, time for a DMCA takedown request, and I just heard from WP this morning that they’ve taken the post down from that person’s site. People seriously piss me off sometimes.
- Someone who was a friend in my life prior to becoming a hermit followed me on Instagram and Medium the other day. No message or anything, just a follow. It felt a bit intrusive. It’s not so much the looking that bothers me, since it’s not like I’m particularly hard to find, but there’s no need to follow me.
In case you’re in the mood to check out some five-star moustaches, have a look at my post for The Haven, Movember is just around the corner.
How has your week been?