Some of you may have noticed this post appeared yesterday. When I wrote it yesterday morning and scheduled it I set the time but forgot to change the date. Strangely, when I took the post down about 20 minutes after publishing, it didn’t disappear from the WP Reader. When I tried to republish it today, it was a no show in the Reader. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s intended to happen that way or if it was a WP glitch, but it’s kind of annoying. Anyway, here’s a new version of it.
Anyway, here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- After much frustration, including annoyance with WP, I finally figured out why my WP and Google Analytics stats had such a huge difference. Views in the WP app don’t get counted by Analytics. Of course WP doesn’t bother saying this anywhere. When I’ve contact the happiness engineers other times they were pretty good but I was not impressed when it came to this issue.
- I went to restorative yoga, which I haven’t done for a while. I also got my weekly massage. It’s less than two months until my massage therapist goes off on maternity leave…
- I worked one night shift this week. It went very slow and I was very very sleepy.
- One of my guinea pigs, Oreo, hasn’t been feeling well this week, although she seems to be doing better now. One of my boys, Butternut, continues to bit his friend Peanut. They mostly get along well, but usually once a day they’ll go flying around the cage in a big tangle of fur, and the end result is bite marks around Peanut’s rear end. Earlier in the week Butternut managed to jump out of his cage because I had one of the girls nearby as I was giving her a haircut. I was concerned this would become a habit and I’d have to close the cage door, but he scared himself enough that there hasn’t been a repeat performance. Life is never dull with guinea pigs around.
My posts over on Medium.com:
- African massage and other assorted adventures in Writers on the Run
- Animals can touch even the hardest to reach hearts in Warm Hearts
- I’ll need a seat for my emotional assistance warthog in The Mile High Club
It’s only two days until the release of my new book Making Sense of Psychiatric Diagnosis, with contributions from members of the mental health blogging community, and the opening of the Mental Health @ Home Store! I’ve been busy getting ready for this and it’s cool that it’s going to finally be happening.
How has your week been?