Here’s what happened in my life over the past week:
- I had a rather unpleasant exchange with another blogger. They had emailed me asking for some blogging tips, and it was actually someone who I’d just unfollowed a couple days prior to that after they’d expressed some views about a connection between mental illness and violence, and I have no interest in having that kind of thing in my feed. Anyway, I responded to this person with some assorted tips and mentioned that while they had every right to have and post whatever opinion they wanted, the kind of post like the one on mental illness and violence can affect the ability to gain and maintain followers in the mental health community, and I admitted that I had actually unfollowed them for that reason. I got a response about how awful I was, etc., etc. That’s never fun, but taking a step back it was an interesting illustration of how BPD tends to make people interpret things as a personal rejection even when that’s not actually present.
- I was nominated for the mystery blogger award by the lovely SKelly of Fabric that Made Me. Thank you so much! And as to her question about fate/destiny vs. deciding our own future, I’m of the belief that while there may be many forces beyond our control, there’s not some mysterious fate monster lurking around deciding what to do with our lives. And if there was, I’d want to kick his ass. Seriously.
- I was also nominated for the blogger recognition award by the fabulous Suzi of My Colorful Life. Thank you!
- It’s been a rough week. Something happened that hurt a lot, and it’s been really hard. It’s messed up my sleep, and there’s something very frustrating about going to bed and then being awake before it’s a new day yet.
- Some people have mentioned they’ve been having problems with commenting on my blog lately; this seems to be an issue since I upgraded my blog plan last week. I apologize, and I don’t know how to fix it. Interestingly enough, though, since the upgrade I’ve had a handful of legit comments end up in my spam folder, but I haven’t received any actual spam. Well, except for a few comments ranting about ECT being evil, but I think those were left by an actual human rather than a spambot.
- A prominent blogger announced this week that WordPress is dying, to which I say hell to the no. We’ve got a great thing going on here.
How has your week been?